Thursday, January 08, 2009

Pinnacle Studio 12

So, my son and I have been goofing around with entry level video editing. He got a handy-cam for his birthday last year and recently showed an interest in digitally editing the scenes he shot, which were mostly of him and his friends skateboarding. We tried windows movie maker, but the product is woefully inadequate for anything other than a quick and dirty title edit. So, when I saw the Pinnacle Software while out Christmas shopping, I just had to get it. We did the walk through and sample "Family Video" that comes with the application. It's truly awesome. Intuitive and easy to use, even for my son... who has the patience of a wet cat. It even came with a "Green-Screen" for chroma-key effects. We haven't got that far, but I can see superman style flying scenes in his future. Check out our first cut...

No comments: