Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas fun with the Jedi Mind Trick...



So, I'm over at the in-laws visiting for Christmas. My nephew (all boy-high-ya-karate kicking eight year old ball of energy) has received quite possibly an illegal amount of geek-laden sci-fi related paraphernalia for Christmas. I think he even got a lightsaber that emanated movie sounds when swooshed in mock battle. On the floor in the living room was a giant box of dragon master inspired action figures. Everything from Star Wars to Halo. I didn't even know there was such a thing. X-Box action figures? C'mon, Really??

So, I'm having a Bourbon with my brother-in-law (father of said nephew) when I comment on the impressive collection...

Me: "You know...He's gonna be that guy"
Brother-in-Law: "What Guy?"
Me: "The 30 year old one who lives in your basement and wears the chewbacca mask to the conventions"
Brother-in-Law: "Your crazy" --perplexed, perhaps terrified...couldn't tell from my angle replies-- "You guys wanna go out and toss the football some??"

Thats what you call the perfect execution of a Jedi mind trick...

Sha-zaaammm!

No comments: