Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Rough In of the New Office Bathroom

Over the weekend, in true marathon style, we gutted and roughed in the new bathroom. When I say gutted, I mean we stripped the space down to the framing, relocated wiring, framed in a new ADA approved door, rerouted the plumbing, relocated the waste pipe (which involved busting up the slab), and drywalling the room. Quite a feat for a do-it-yourself job...mostly. I subbed out the drywall, because a mans got to know his limitations. My drywall always ends up looking amatuer. We use Martin and Sons for the drywall, they did the work a few months ago when we had the sagging drop ceiling replaced. They do an excellent job, and don't complain too bad about our not so perfect prep work. I will use them for every drywall job I do in the future and would recommend them if you're in need of drywall contractors. No job is too small, as you can see from these pictures. They completed this in a little less than four hours, and came back the following day to re-skim and sand. I defy you to find an imperfection. They make my crumby framing look great. The room wasn't square, off by about an inch in either direction. Not visible to the naked eye, but you cant rely on a t-square to score the sheetrock when the framing isn't perfect. Take a look at the first installment of pictures. I'll post the completed finish work separately later in the week.






No comments: