Monday, March 12, 2007

My new LCD completes the parlor

I found my camera over the weekend so I decided it was about time to go ahead and upload the pictures from the front parlor project. This was a huge effort that started the day we purchased the house, but since I used this space as a workshop while I remodeled the kitchen, it doesn't count against me. My Father-in-Law (and my Father) were kind enough to help re-skim the plaster in both rooms. One room was most recently used as a dining room, but it was nowhere near the kitchen and had no overhead lighting. As a matter of fact, none of the ungrounded two wire outlets worked in the room, so I don't know how the previous owners even used the room. I installed the cape cod wainscoting, crown molding and baseboards. I rebuild the closet, rewired both rooms, and installed the ceiling fans. The finishing touch was the little 15'' LCD TV that I got as a sort of gift to myself. This was the first project I used my flexible drill bit on, and it worked like a charm, although I'll need a longer bit since the ceilings in the house are so tall. The pictures below show how I used the tool to create a tight installation of a LCD TV. Also shown are a few shots of the finished parlor. Cheers.





No comments: