Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Go straight to the mammal...

If you're anything like me, you HATE automated phone directories..."press one to piss off" A few months ago I purchased plane tickets online, but unfortunately had to call Delta when a problem arose with my flight. After fumbling around on Delta's stupid touch-tone customer service auto-pilot, I was finally put through to "hajji" who, incidentally, claimed his name was "Steve". I was frustrated and a just a little short with Steve. I asked for, as President Bush would say, a "merican". Reluctantly, and as if I had publicly flogged him, hajji connected me to my 'merican customer service representative in good ole Atlanta, GA, just as I requested. But now there's help....gethuman.com provides a list of touch-tone short cuts that get you straight through to the operator. No more telephone purgatory. When you need a problem-solving human on the other end of the phone, try these numbers and their short cuts. This is the best list I've seen for popular 800 numbers with real live humans at the other end, many of them 'mericans too. Even better are the voice mail short cuts for each number that take you to the warm brain on the other end the quickest. The list is searchable with cntrl-F, cheers!

No comments: